A Welcome to Visitors . . .
WE ARE A CHURCH of the liberal religious tradition and heritage, one of ancient and deep Judeo-Christian roots. We believe that new light is ever waiting to break through individual hearts and minds to illumine the ways of humankind.
WE ARE A DIVERSE COMMUNITY in age, stage, faith journey and experience. We encourage spiritual growth, lively dialogue, integrity and loving choices. We embrace a common faith expressed by our commitment to the following principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The rights of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community, with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence, of which we are a part.
UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM DRAWS FROM MANY SOURCES:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces that create and uphold life;
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
- Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
- Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against the idolatries of the mind and spirit;
- Spiritual teachings of the Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
Membership in Our Fellowship . . .
MEMBERSHIP IN OUR FELLOWSHIP of free faith is open to all who find it in their hearts to embrace the work and ministries of Unitarian Universalism.
TO SIGN THE MEMBERSHIP BOOK is to enter a covenant with other Members. It is to promise to walk together in the ways of community, to converse together about what really matters in our lives, to participate in our decision-making, to share our work for common good, and to support the Fellowship financially as best each of us is able.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE about Unitarian Universalism and this Fellowship, feel free to contact our greeters or minister after the service.
EXPLORING MEMBERSHIP classes are held three times a year, generally in January, March and October. Each class includes three sessions, which give participants an opportunity to learn more about UUFHC, our faith, and to meet our Minister. Child care can be provided with previous arrangements. For more information or to sign-up, please contact email@example.com.